2 Day Experience
Sovereign Hill School offers a unique two day, fully immersive, costumed school experience tailored to Year 5
and 6 students. As part of this program, students are in the charge of ‘Ma’am’ or ‘Sir’ who is strict, all knowing and the embodiment of 1850’s Victorian authority.
- Experience colonial school life in one of the museum’s five schools: Red Hill National School,
St Peter’s Denominational School, Ballarat Benevolent Asylum Ragged School, St Alipius Diggings School or Wesleyan Day School.
- Role play being a child of the 1850s at school on the goldfields, abiding by the behavioural expectations of the era.
- Once costumed the student becomes a living exhibit in the Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum.
- Be exposed to fascinating insights into the distinct social norms and hierarchy of the times.
- Have the rare opportunity to go behind the scenes of many Sovereign Hill businesses and experience first-hand, the tough and turbulent times of life on the diggings.
Victorian Curriculum Links Level 5 & 6
- Personal & Social Capabilities
- Critical & Creative Thinking
- Ethical Capability
Schools must be on the Sovereign Hill Schools mailing list. To be placed on the list please email email@example.com with the following information, school name, address, email, phone number, contact name and email address.More info
Find out more about our Learning programs
Get the best learning outcomes for your students and download our free brochure.